Friday 17 December 2010

FNSI Results - the second one in December

I joined in with the FNSI again this week, but had terrible, terrible results.  :0(

I tried to make the i-pod cosy that I've previously failed to make, and guess what?  I failed!  Such a simple little object but I keep messing it up.  I'm going to have one more go as I know my mum really wants one. 

The other thing I messed up was a lap top cover I'm making from a tutorial (I'll share the link when I finish making it).  First I cut the pieces to the wrong size, then I realised I should have halved my original measurements and had to cut them all again.  Well, by now, I've lost the will to live, or at least to sew!  I have been sewing since 2pm as I had the afternoon off work.  It's now 7:30 and I'm going to get some tea, then do a little hand embroidery!  It's much less likely to go wrong - I probably wont share it with you until Monday though as I've got a very busy weekend ahead.

So, what DID I make? I made a crochet bag!  It's made from Amy Butler fabrics, it's a present for my mum.  When we went to the crochet class in the summer I bought the fabric and got a free worksheet and this is what I made:






5 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Wendy! Mom will just love this pretty bag!...We all have those times when things don't go as planned, but look how wonderful they turn out when they do!!! Have a great weekend! :) Paulette

Joy McD said...

Very cute bag!! I should make one like that for my crochet... I just started a new project the other day!
lv,
Joy

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

I think everyone has done it atleast once! i alway mess up and especially now being pregnant! anyways you will get the hang of it and love how that bag came out! Cute! ;)

-The Tootsie Wootsie

Mindy said...

Love this bag! Wishing I could sew one... ;-)

Tea with Prudence said...

Hi Wendy,
Thankyou for you lovely comment.

I really like the outer fabric on the bag you made.
Ive seen something like it in a local shop, now youve given me an idea what to do with it.

Cheers
Fi