Friday 25 February 2011

Crochet washcloths


Oh yes, another exciting title!  It does tell you what's in the tin though...


I LOVE to crochet, love it.  And it's perfect for evenings in front of the tv.  I'd been seeing crochet wash cloths around and thought they were the perfect project for practicing and learning new crochet stitches.

I found some Sidar Calico double knitting yarn on sale.  It's 60% cotton, 40% acrylic and the colours are delicious.  The picture above is my first attempt.



And here's a close up of that pretty ruffle.  The pattern was great, really easy to follow.  But then it occured to me that I had a great resource for crochet washcloths in the form of 2 books I bought.  200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans by Jan Eaton and Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman.  Both books provide a wealth of blocks and borders to mix and match.  Here's my first attempt:

Could this be the world's most fancy washcloth??  My husband says no-one will want to use it!

This is attempt number two.  Not quite so effective as I didn't start with enough stitches for this shell pattern. 


These are my entries number 3 and 4 for the craft book challenge this month.  That's 7 craft books so far this year.  Click over to Liesl Made to join in.




9 comments:

Ady said...

I love the ruffled edge! Very pretty. I'm rubbish at crochet.

Sandra :) said...

I love the ruffles and the lacey edges - you do such beautiful work!

Nancy Lee said...

Titles:

Darling dish cloths ...?
Crochet crazy...?
Whimsical washing up...?
Pretty posies for the pots...?
No matter what you call them, these are lovely!

Crafts a la Mode said...

I, too, love crochet. love it. It's perfect for watching T.V. and then at the end of the movie or whatever you have something made. It's much less effort than sitting at the sewing machine. I need more energy for that.:) Thanks for sharing and YES it is the fanciest washcloth. Linda

Allie said...

How pretty!!! I love to crochet too, I did so much before I took up sewing. But then it started to hurt, and I can't do much anymore. I still love it though!

Joysze said...

I suck at crocheting!!! Awwwh, surely these are too beautiful to use as washcloths!

Divya said...

Wash cloths...Oh my God...they are beautiful...I am only a crochet beginner but I can really appreciate these

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So clever and pretty! The pink and blue one with the center posy is pretty enough to be framed as an art piece! Love them all!

cheryl @bungalowonbank said...

Hello! Just found you! Love the crochet cloths. So cute with the ruffly edge. Good post!