Sunday 9 October 2011

A gift for a bloggy friend

I got to know Allie of Allie - Oops Sweet Happy Life when I joined in her Christmas Countdown.  We got to know each other through commenting on each other's blogs and emailing.  She's a top lady and if you haven't visited her blog, you should.  When I posted my car seat belt cosy, Allie said she could do with one as she has the same problems with the seat belt biting into her neck.  So I sent her some.


She didn't specify a colour, so I used some blue and pink merino yarn I had as it needs to be soft and comfy.  The pink one I did with the same scalloped edge as my own, but I tried a different edging for the blue one from Around The Corner Crocher Edgings (see my books page for the author - it's a fab book).

I made them shortly after I'd offered to send them to her, but it took me weeks to get round to putting the buttons on.  No idea why as it took all of five minutes!  It's strange the way we procrastinate sometimes.  Like now, I need to go outside and clean out the bunnies, but I'm sitting here at 12.35 in the afternoon, in my pajamas, blogging instead!  Don't worry - it will get done!



Speaking of bunnies, I found a slug in Tiff and Harry's food bowl last night.  We came home after babysitting for my cousin's gorgeous, well-behaved, lovely sons and there it was.  They had finished their dinner but I wondered if that was why they stayed downstairs until I'd removed the bowl.  The bowl was upstairs so it must have crawled quite some way.  I hate bloody slugs.  I planted a full vegetable garden a few years ago to help feed my buns, and slugs ate the whole lot.  I couldn't put down any slug removing stuff as it could hurt the bunnies.  One day I'll have raised beds and then I can surround them with slug pellets if the buns can't get up to it.

Right, I'm off to have some "delicious" lunch of Ryvita and cottage cheese and a quick look at a few blogs, then it's bunny poo time.





6 comments:

Fiona said...

The seat cosies look great... slugs ... euckk.. shudder.. shudder... hope bunny poo time went well...
Hugz

faith76 said...

The car seat belt cosy is such a good idea! Do you have a particular pattern you follow or could you possibley post one as would like to have a go at one too.

I hate slugs - pesky little critters.

Leah x

Laura said...

Have you tried sawdust around veggies for slugs? And broken eggshells? Ive heard snails like beer and drown in it but i would come home to drunk dogs!

Allie said...

And I LOVE them, Wendy!!! The pink one is on my seatbelt, and it just feels so soft against my neck - I thank you with every drive I take.

Don't feel too bad about being in jammies at that hour - it's almost 3pm and I'm still in mine, blogging away, lol!!! I have to take care of kitty poo, better hop to it...

Sandra :) said...

Allie *is* a doll, and so are you, Miss Wendy! I love the friendships I've made on the internet (blogland in particular) - there are so many fun and fantastic women around! (Men too, I'm sure, but I don't read many of their manblogs, LOLOL).

Slugs don't bother me, but I'd be some mad if they were getting into my kitty's food -- in the summer the ants get in his bowls, and I have to move them. I got to pet a beautiful soft bunny yesterday @ the vet's office when we were picking up Z from boarding - I wanted to grab the little guy and bring him home, he was such a cutie!

The Dotty One said...

These are fab - what a good idea. Good way of practicing different crochet stitches to make small squares too :o)