Monday 6 May 2013

ooh I could stitch a brick

That title popped into my head and I know it's a reference to something British in  my childhood but have no idea what... answers on a postcard.  

This time last year (I would never have guessed it was that long ago!) I made a circular brick stitch necklace in a craft class.  One of my colleagues borrowed it for the Christmas party and I made her these earrings to go with it, promising her a necklace after Christmas.  I forgot.



She reminded me on Friday so on Friday night I sat down and made her one.  I thought it would take days but it didn't.  I seem to have absolutely no perception of time whatsoever!


The original necklace was on a non-silver chain and she said it marked her neck, so I had to come up with an alternative.  I was going to go with silver chain, but she asked for cord.  I've used leather cord here but I'm not sure I like it.  I'm going to take it into her tomorrow and ask her what she thinks as I can easily change it.


The ends of the cord are finished with these coil-type-thingies, I think I can cut the bottom one off, the one that's crushed against the cord to keep it in place, but if not, I'll just cut the cord.  

What do you think?

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

"oo I could crush a grape" said by Stu Francis on Crackerjack!

moira said...

oooh, I could crush a grape :)

JoJo said...

I have never been able to figure out how to attach those coil things to cord. How is it done? Loving the circular brick stitch too.

Kerryp77 said...

That looks fab wendy. I like the leather thong finish to it

Shirley said...

She's a lucky lady having you to make things for her x

Samantha said...

I've never seen a circular brick but I guess there's a first for everything :)

heart of charnwood said...

They're right, Moira and STm that's exactly what i thought, although we are all showing our age! :o). Like the cord, gives it a bit of an ethnic/tribal look if that helps (or prpbably not). x

crazydazy said...

lovely necklace, Ive never heard of that stitch before. Thanks for your comment about my panel, Alison

CeLynn said...

I love your friends necklace!

Jane said...

I am sure she will be very happy with it, the cord matches it beautifully