Pages

Monday, 8 July 2013

Hardanger SAL #5

Morning ladies, I've got the next installment in Mabel Figworthy's Fancies Song of the Weather SAL for you today.  This is June's block.



Once again, I can't get the white to show as white - the background fabric is the same white as the stitches, no idea what's going on there.  I'm resigned to the fact I'll never get a decent picture of this project.

June marks the end of the 6 blocks I was putting together:



I'm not convinced I've got the border right on this, but it looks pretty enough.  Those split twists (inside the cutwork squares) were a bugger to do!



Here it is with May's block:


July's block is already out, so I should get on with stitching that, but I have a commission to do first!  Commissions are scary!


Related posts

10 comments:

  1. I do love those. Very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those blocks... so pretty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty ... albeit a lovely shade of blue, lol! Commission??!! DO TELL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know,right? I always get freaked out when someone asks me to make them something! Even if it is something I make all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done really well with this, I love seeing each block appear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful piece of hardanger Wendy. Well done!

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL ! Love all of your blocks !
    Have a great week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. An incredible and stunning piece Wendy!
    As for the photo taking, why don't you try photographing it outside? I am sure the result would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're beautiful. Just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely block! Congrats on the commission too.

    ReplyDelete

To comply with EU data collection rules:

I don't collect your data in any shape or form. I will email you a reply to your comment, but I don't keep a record of your email address. If you don't want me to see your email address, don't comment.

I don't collect cookies. I'm not entirely sure what they are or how I'd go about collecting them. Google might though. In fact I'm positive they do. You'll have to ask them what they do with them as I don't know.