Pages

Monday, 1 July 2013

Light up. Again.

I promised a non-sewing post and a non-sewing post you are going to get!  Remember the tea light holder?  I added some wire and beads.


My tutor didn't know if silver plated wire would work with the solder, but I did a little experiment and it did, so I pressed ahead.  I used my pliers to make random shapes, added on beads, then held them in place with masking tape whilst I soldered.


You would not believe how many times I forgot that solder is hot.


I'm happier with some of the decorations than others.  Originally I wanted them over the glass panels, but I ended up putting them in gaps of glass.


I stuck to two different types of beads to keep it cohesive.  Big word.


I think this curly wurly one is my favourite.



I may have made it a little bit too big to be a tea light holder!


14 comments:

  1. Be careful with the solder, it would be very painful if you get burnt. Hope you can visit my blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! A mini pillar candle would be the perfect size for it!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You did a beautiful job and I think the tea light will be so pretty lit up in there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - it's beautiful! I love all the colours you used. It will be even more stunning when you light the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! It's fabulous!!!! You could always put the candle inside a small, plain votive cup and place that in the center of your holder. That will keep the wax from dripping all over the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the curly wurly one too!

    I know this may sound fanciful, but I think it looks like the kind of light that you'd find in the world of Elves and Fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous! I love the addition of the beads and wire. It's really unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Love the blues. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty candle holder - and btw, Wendy --- solder is hot. Not sure if you knew that or not!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. just get ye a bigger candle eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having the beads in the gaps, it must be so pretty when it's alight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and the wire and beads really finish it off - very striking x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, it's amazing Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

To comply with EU data collection rules:

I don't collect your data in any shape or form. I will email you a reply to your comment, but I don't keep a record of your email address. If you don't want me to see your email address, don't comment.

I don't collect cookies. I'm not entirely sure what they are or how I'd go about collecting them. Google might though. In fact I'm positive they do. You'll have to ask them what they do with them as I don't know.