Pages

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

alphabet chart

#14 Alphabet chart on the WIP list is an oldie.  I started it ages ago.  If you look at the related posts at the bottom, you'll see that the second post is also the post where I got my first ever sewing machine!  Probably time to get cracking on this one.

It was originally intended as a 2nd birthday present for my goddaughter.  She'll be 5 in September.  5th birthday present then!



P is for pig.  I used a satiny kind of fabric, added a button for a nose and chain stitched around. These are all hand-applique by the way.  As I started this before I got a sewing machine, I was doing it by hand... how much quicker it would be by machine!



I love this little bunny!  I added a pompom for his tail.  It's probably good she didn't get this for her 2nd birthday as all the little buttons and pompoms and stuff would be choking hazards, now I can feel free to add whatever I like.


I found an offcut of a felt-type fabric.  I say felt-type as it's felt-like on the front, but not on the back.  No idea what it is or where it came from, but it works well for a little sheep.  He doesn't have a face.


U is for Umbrella.  Yes, I do know my alphabet, but I'm not necessarily doing them in order!  I'm not too keen on this one.  I was going to add beads for raindrops but I'm not sold on it...


Related posts

A, B, C, D, E, F and G
H and I
K, L and M
J

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be great, I'm sure it will really help her with the alphabet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheep doesn't have a face!!!

    Also, I love the pigs nose, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them. The umbrella looks great, but maybe you can embroider the handle so that it's a little thinner? Then add the raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, and i like the umbrella, what's wrong with it? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alphabet samplers are wasted on 2 year olds! Five is a much better age and stage for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to be sweet when it's done - I think bead raindrops would be really adorable (think clear or silver), but you could also embroider some :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all adorable! How about using some beads to make the outline of raindrops?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure she will love it nonetheless. I think the hand applique makes it all the more special

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having gleefully spent the last ten minute going through your alphabet posts, I have now decided that your jigsaw is GREAT, your mouse is super cute and your umbrella is PERFECT! You need raindrops. I love the ombre shading on the brolly. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I can't wait to see this when it's finished! It's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete

To comply with EU data collection rules:

I don't collect your data in any shape or form. I will email you a reply to your comment, but I don't keep a record of your email address. If you don't want me to see your email address, don't comment.

I don't collect cookies. I'm not entirely sure what they are or how I'd go about collecting them. Google might though. In fact I'm positive they do. You'll have to ask them what they do with them as I don't know.