Pages

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Shamballa

I'm having a bit of a bracelety week.  It all started when I decided it was about time I made the Shamballa bracelet I've been promising my friend for donkey's years.  I had to look up the instructions as I'd forgotten how to do it.  It took all of about 15 minutes - why do we put off the things that don't take long to do?



She chose the baby pink Shamballa beads, not my style!




When I'd finished that, I thought I'd make one for myself with some chunky clear beads lined with copper.  Black seemed to be the only choice of cord.


I like the way this looks better than the Shamballa beads.  I used 6 knots between each bead, the same as for the pink bracelet.


A final attempt was called for.  I had some wooden beads in the colours of the rainbow and I went for white cord this time.  As the beads were quite big, I only did 4 knots between each one.


I'm undecided as to how much I like this one.  I like the colours but I think the beads might be too big.  I'll probably wear it a few times and see how I feel about it.


More braceleting to come this week...

8 comments:

  1. I love all three of them. I've been looking at tutorials for doing this kind of closure on bracelets and have pinned some to my pinterest board. Now I hope it doesn't take me as long as it did you to make one. LOLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelets are gorgeous, the last one is my favourite!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them! So totally my style! :D The art of knotting eludes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely. I've always fancied making these. They are quite popular at the moment .X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful all of them ! Love the first one !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I prefer the middle one too, but your friend will be delighted with hers, it's beautifully made

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice. my MIL is looking for black cord like that - perhaps you could let me know where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the second one you made, but all three are great.

    ReplyDelete

To comply with EU data collection rules:

I don't collect your data in any shape or form. I will email you a reply to your comment, but I don't keep a record of your email address. If you don't want me to see your email address, don't comment.

I don't collect cookies. I'm not entirely sure what they are or how I'd go about collecting them. Google might though. In fact I'm positive they do. You'll have to ask them what they do with them as I don't know.