Monday 26 December 2011

Winter Stitching - December Summary

Hello ladies.  I hope you all had a great Christmas?  I got some fab crafty Christmas presents but it's dark now and I forgot to photograph them, so that will be a later post.  As I have nothing crafty to show you, I thought I'd do an update on my Winter Stitching List.

By the way, if the numbers are all over the place, it's because Blogger thinks it knows how I want my post formatting...

FairyFace Designs


Birthdays before Christmas

1. Crochet hook case for mum - completed at the end of October

2. A thread catcher for mum - completed at the end of October











3. 2 x car kits, 1 for my dad and 1 for my FIL - completed at the beginning of November










4. 2 x mug rugs for the same 2 men - completed at the beginning of November


Other pre-Christmas stuff
5. An item or two for a private swap - completed at the beginning of November


6. 4 PIF gifts - put off til after christmas

7. Advent calendar for my goddaughter - completed at the end of November



8. Hessian Reindeers from kit - I think these will have to wait until next year.


Christmas presents
9. Finish the CRM cushion for mum - completed in December



10. Glasses cases x 4 for mum, dad, FIL and an aunty - completed in December


11. Slippers for mum - - she's now getting a spa kit

12. Mani pedi kit (can't find the link) for mum - see 11

13. Amigurumi pig for mum - this will have to be for mother's day

14. Flash drive keyrings x 2 for dad and brother - this didn't happen so will be birthday or Christmas gifts next year

15. Keyboard duster for dad - again, this didn't happen 


16. Frilly apron for the MIL - completed November






















17. Matching tea towel for above - another non-starter


18. Spa kits of my own devising x 6 for MIL, SIL, niece and 3 friends - completed in December


19. Finish the Petit Ecole table runner for my brother and his girlfriend - completed in December


20. Matching tea towel for the above - didn't happen

 
21. Yoda ami for my brother, whilst looking for that link on my bookmarks I also found this crochet R2D2 so had better add that to the list!! - didn't happen so moving to his birthday list

22. Wine cosy for my brother - Completed in December



23. Iris cross stitch bookmark for Nana-in-law - completed in November













24. Tea cup candles all round -completed in December along with a lot more candles!


25. A frog x-stitch pouch from Cross Stitcher for my best bud - completed in November











26. I'd like to finish the alphabet chart for my goddaughter. I'm on N so I find it hard to believe that will get done! - and it didn't!

27. Something for my friend's baby. - I've already made him a linen bunny, and now two bear hats.









28. Patchwork pouch for an aunty - I realised I'd already done this


29. Car air fresheners for my dad and brother - not sure if this will get done.  - this morphed into washbags for dad and FIL


30. Applique scarf for my god daughter - no, this will be a birthday gift next year

31. Christmas cards - I gave in and bought them!

32. Gift tags - completed in December


33. Cookies in a jar x 18 - completed in December


34. Scrubbies for dad, brother, FIL - in progress - I just made on in the end


35. Bird feeders - in progress - these all got finished

36. Reinbeers for dad and FIL (stolen from Pinterest!) - these were finished too

My nephew's birth in February
37. Quilt

38. Crochet receiving blanket

39. Sewn booties

40. Appliquéd baby grows

41. A cushion for his nursery 

42. Trousers

43. Crochet bear hats - done in November












Stuff for myself (for a change)

44. The dining room chair cushions

45. Matching table topper

46. And placemats

47. A needle book or 3


48. Crochet hook case

49. A coffee mat as my coffee pot drips

50. A lunch bag

51. Shopping bags for the supermarket

52. A handbag


Brother's birthday
53. Coasters with cross stitch - quotes from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

54. Matching coffee mat

55. A cross stitched towel (just a band, not the whole thing!!) again with the quotes. 


WIPs
56. Giant granny blanket

57. Granny square cushion

58. Sampler blanket

59. Hardanger

60. Crochet bag

61. Tea cup embroidery


62. Secret project - can't tell you about it!

5 comments:

RobynLouise said...

Lol, show off!(said in admiration for all the projects you've done) I don't think you're an apprentice any more :). I'll be interested to see the items you make for your nephew. I have some clothes sewing I want to do for the grandchildren.
Cheers,
Robyn

The Dotty One said...

I can't believe how much stuff you've made - I'm in awe! I hope they were all appreciated.
And I'm glad you are planning to make some things for yourself soon - you deserve it after all the making for other people!!

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, you are one ambitious lady. I'm impressed by how many projects on your list got crossed off!!! Keep up the good work!!

Joysze said...

Nice going, Wendy!!!!!

BTW, your numbers are nice and straight for me. :)

Patty said...

You made so much stuff! I get tired just from reading your list. :) The bear hats are adorable!