Saturday 5 January 2013

A post that could be full of obscenities

So, it's Saturday afternoon.  I go to meet my parents for lunch in a small town called West Bridgford.  We park in the local council-run car park.  I can pay for anything between 2 and 24 hours parking.  I only have £1 in change which buys me 2 hours parking.

After lunch we decide to look round the shops.  I go back and pay another £1 for a further 2 hours parking.  The times overlap by 15 minutes.

I get back to the car after shopping to find I've been given a parking fine of £50.  Apparently, in this large public car park which was half empty, it's illegal to buy 2 hours parking for £1, then return and pay a further £1 for 2 more hours.  I could have bought a 4 hour ticket for £1.50, but I didn't.  I gave them an extra 50p.

They fined me.  £50.

F%^&*$g b£"$%^d w&^%*r t*&ts.

1st Jan - boiler breaks down.  No heat until the 7th, if they can fix it when they come back.

3rd Jan - poorly rabbit.  4 trips to the vet and £160 fees.

5th Jan - £50 parking ticket for not parking illegally.

I hate this year.  2012 was awful.  2013 is going to be even worse. 

13 comments:

cauchy09 said...

don't think of this as an omen of a bad year. it's just 2012 wearing off.

and wtf? 50 pounds for overpaying for parking?!?! that's grade-A bullshizzle.

Goldogmom said...

Damn Wendy, I hope things turn around quickly. It is difficult when the year starts out on such a negative foot. I'm sending you positive thoughts to hopefully help shift the coming days, weeks and months.

If it cheers you at all, your creative works are VERY inspiring for this newbie ;-)

Shirley said...

Wendy they say things come in threes, so I reckon you are done for the year so sit back and relax x

Maria said...

Oh you poor thing. I should complain to the council if I were you. What a cheek!!!!

Fiona said...

Oh no.. that is bad luck.... I hope this year changes quick for you....

Hugz

JoJo said...

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You should challenge the ticket. My 2013 is starting off really bad too. :(

Katherine said...

That sucks. You have my sympathies!

Looks like 3 crap things have happened to you all in a row and if the saying is right, you should now be having good things coming your way. Hang in there!

Sandra :) said...

I hope that 2013 gets better for you, your boiler gets fixed for a reasonable price, Miss Tiff is fine, and that the parking authorities get big ole boils on their butts. BIG boils!

Allie said...

Holy cow I would fight that!!! That would make me want to say bad words too!

Marilyn said...

I hope that is it for a while and your fortune looks up for the rest of 2013. That is a rotten trick to not be able to top up your parking.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, I have my own situation with HMRC that arrived on my birthday which will take 3 years and another job to pay off. Bar stewards.

The parking fine will be for breaking their "no return within x hours" rule. That's what that's about so I don't think there's ground for appeal sadly. Sounds like someone was bored at work, it's still tardy. :(

Kandi said...

Oh bu£&ery boll&£@s! What a crap start to the year, I bet that's it for the year, it's best to get it all out of the way in one go, 2013 will be awesome
Me (fingers crossed!) xx

Samantha said...

Gah! What on earth?! Those naughties!!

I see I have my work cut out convincing you '13 is going to be great!