Sunday 27 January 2013

none of these colours

Well hello!  I'm scheduling this post as I don't want to fall off the face of the internet again!  I've dropped in to show you the red scarf I sewed.  This is WIP #53 which, if you were inclined to check is labelled as "red scarf with beaded fringe".  No, it's not an invisible beaded fringe, I haven't done that yet, but I have sewed the red scarf and decided to show you anyway.!



It's a simple piece of chiffony material, hemmed on all four edges.  It is not that colour above.  I thought the snow would make a good backdrop and the natural light would show the correct colour.  No.


It's definitely not that colour. So indoors with the light off and a dark background didn't work either.


How about with the electric lights on?  NO!  Definitely not.


Back outside... nope, not that colour either.  It's actually red with a bit of a gold sparkle.  Hopes are not high for the photos of the scarf with the beaded fringe attached...


6 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

It sounds lovely, whichever colour it is!

Hope you are feeling better after the Cheeselets :)

JoJo said...

It's very pretty and I always say, 'add beaded fringe to EVERYTHING!' lol

Shirley said...

it just shows you how important lighting is. red is one of my favourite colours, can't wait to see the beading fringe, and for some reason I wouldn't think of making a scarf apart from knitted, why? I don't know, but I have a feeling that will change.

CeLynn said...

Maybe it is a magic changing color scarf ;0) Whatever the shade of red,it is pretty!

Hate it when I can not get the color to show up correctly,although when it shows up correctly on my screen,is no guarantee that everyone else's screen will show the right shade/color.

Sandra :) said...

ROTFL on my computer screen, I see cherry red, tomato red, orange, and hot pink - it's a very colourful scarf, to be sure! I bet the beads will be multi-coloured too, when they're added!! ;)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

How surprising that you got all those different colours depending on the lighting! Looks like a lovely scarf :)