Monday 1 April 2013

hate you, hate you, hate you...

No, not you, it's those damn chair covers again.  I'm talking about #50 on the massive list -  Chair covers for mum.

You may remember that I ranted and raved my way through the first two here.  They were the bit you sit on, now I moved on to the back rest.  I thought they were going to be a nightmare due to the curved top.



Nope.  Not a nightmare.  I still hated every second of it though!


The fabric by the zip pucked like anything.  I honestly couldn't be bothered to redo it and I knew that the zip sits at the bottom and no-one would see it.  Lazy?  Yep!



Doesn't look too bad if you don't look closely though!


I think these were easier as the pad is a lot thinner - in the photo above the seat pad is on top.  It's not covered as I was scared to put the cover on again in case the seam ripped!  

I've handed them over to mum, now I just have to do the other 4.  The other 2 chairs only come out when there's a lot of guests, so they're not as urgent.  Thankfully, I can't face them right now!

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Think of it this way they are good for getting your aggression out. They will be lovely when you get them all done, x

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I've stumbled through reupholstering several sets of furniture now by carefully taking apart the old and using those pieces for the new patterns. No one has yet turned over the cushions to check out the sewing! My stuff is never perfect, but I've also found mistakes on the originals, too.

I ALWAYS hate the process but love the finished product. That's the annoying part for non-professionals. We never do it enough for it to get easy!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Just think what a sense of accomplishment you'll feel once they're all finished. I had that experience this weekend on a project I was working on. I used the seam ripper on the first one at least a half dozen times and thought the second one should go together easier since I'd already made one. Ha! The seam ripper still came out for at least three seams. But oh does it feel good to have them off my list.

JoJo said...

There's nothing worse than working on a project that's more of a chore than anything else!

Fiona said...

haha.... well done for persevering... I'm sure your mum is very appreciative!!
Hugz

RobynLouise said...

They're not "real" puckers and I was even wearing my reading specs to look at them! You are probably the only one to notice and after the cushions have been used a bit and the covers washed a couple of times they'll have the lived in look anyway. I've seen people pay $20 or more each for covers that aren't half as well constructed as yours and certainly not tailor made! Give yourself a pat on the back and go sew/craft something else you do like for a while :).

Jane said...

The things we do for love!