Monday 7 October 2013

somebody take the Kumihimo disk off me...

Yes, yes, I know, but it's fun!  And so satisfyingly quick...



This is a 12-strand spiral using purple and black 1mm rattail.  I followed the tutorial over at Dream A Little Bigger.



Next I wanted a bracelet that went round my wrist twice.  Again using 1mm rattail, this time in red, silver and white.  You can't tell the white and silver apart, not a good colour choice.  I used the colour placement tutorial at Dream A Little Bigger for this one.



Finally, I made a black and silver 1mm rattail braid that will go round my wrist 3 times.  I made all these braids last week and just can't be arsed to glue the end caps on.  It's a little job, doesn't take long... why am I so lazy?

8 comments:

JoJo said...

You are the Kumihimo QUEEN! :D

Celtic Thistle said...

You are obviously not a Completer/Finisher type of character! Or maybe you prefer the process to the product:)

Whatever it is this looks like fun.

Celtic Thistle said...

You are obviously not a Completer/Finisher type of character! Or maybe you prefer the process to the product:)

Whatever it is this looks like fun.

Sandra :) said...

You're having fun with that - I wouldn't take it away from you, lol! But get those glue caps on before you start any more!

Jane said...

It's always the finishing touches that take the longest to do, it's like sewing on buttons.

Sheila said...

Very pretty. Like the colors.

Chrissie said...

The braids look good, so many uses

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I love the patterns you are able to create on the bracelets, Wendy!!!