Monday 23 November 2015

Speed Craft #4

If you've missed my previous post about Speed craft, scroll down to the previous post and follow the links at the top.

Our fourth hour of crafting, after a lovely lunch, more cake and more coffee, was mono printing.  This was the messiest table of them all, messier even than the ceramics table.  It involved big bottles of paint/ink, sheets of paper and hand cut templates.



Basically, you put a big squirt of paint on a board, use a roller to roll it all over your paper, add templates and roll again in a different colour. You can then write or draw in the paint to add detail.


This was fun, but I couldn't get into it.  I couldn't seem to let myself go and just make a mess, I was too worried about the final outcome, which is stupid really.  The pictures the tutor made were brilliant, but then she was a fine artist!


Next up: Simple Stitching

6 comments:

margaret said...

surprise surprise you did bunnies!! They are so cute

Rachel said...

The tutor has also been doing it longer than you, which gives her an unfair advantage!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Aww, sweet bunnies!

Jo Ferguson said...

I agree with the first two comments. Surprise, you did bunnies and they turned out wonderfully and secondly, the tutor has done this before. I would be more comfortable "letting loose" in my own home, without the rest of the participants. That way the pieces you didn't like could simply disappear......like they never happened (insert evil laugh). I think the speed crafting is a wonderful idea and I would love to see something like that in my area.

Jane said...

and i bet she made it look so easy.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Actually I like these. I really like the green and blue one. But we can't all enjoy all crafts, and I personally wouldn't enjoy the messiness associated with this. Anyway, all good experience in your quest to try every craft in the known universe! :)