Friday 22 April 2016

baby blanket

A lovely colleague should be having her baby boy around now.... push Carol, push!  I had to make her a present and settled on a baby blanket.  I'd bought some balls of Whisper White yarn a while ago, but never got round to using it so this seemed the ticket.  It's a lovely soft Merino yarn and is in a shade of bluish-white so seemed perfect, especially as I began it before I found out the sex of the baby!

I used a pattern from Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench.  It's a very simple ripple pattern and I enjoyed it.


These photos were taken whilst it was being blocked.  I finished it on Monday night and was blocking it around 10.30, way past my bed time!  Having to give it to her on the Friday, I knew I didn't have any other chance to get daylight pictures so I took these on the Tuesday when I had a day off (craft class - coming up!).


I started it back in November, plenty of time!  Then I didn't work on it again until February.  Unfortunately, although I remembered how much I like to crochet, and although I liked the pattern and the yarn, it hurt my hands and I could only do a couple of rows at a time so it took forever!

I'm not sure it is big enough so I'm hoping she has a little baby!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure it will be well received - soft and lovely!

Flickenstichlerin said...

It's a lovely gift for the new baby.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Rhona said...

The blanket is gorgeous! I'm sure Mum and baby will love it.

Jane said...

I bet that's lovely and soft, they'll love it

margaret said...

a lovely baby blanket, sorry to read you have problems crocheting, I cannot knit anymore but the crochet seems okay just find it hard to understand how to do it!

Chrissie said...

A nice soft and cuddly gift. I recently made something similar for our new to be arrival in May so they can use it for the car seat too xcx

Sharon - creativity and family said...

It's lovely so simple but pretty and just right for a little one, I'm sure they'll love it! Congrats to the parents too :-)

Chris of UK City Crafter said...

Your colleague will be so pleased to receive this thoughtful gift, that ripple pattern is so effective - lovely job!

Christine B said...

What a pretty little blanket Wendy.... I am sure your colleague will be delighted with it! Christine x

Sandra :) said...

It's very pretty, Wendy - and it looks very soft. Your colleague will be very happy that you made her lil bebeh such a lovely gift - I still have the blanket my sister-in-law knit my first kiddo ... and he's 27!

Sarah in Stitches said...

So pretty! She's going to love it :D