Wednesday 18 February 2015

Half tila bracelet

Me and my lovely mum spent an entire Thursday at The Bead Shop Nottingham recently doing 2 workshops (and including lunch followed by cake at a local cafe).  One of the workshops was a beaded bracelet made using Tila beads.  Tila beads are flat square beads with 2 holes.


I chose these lovely silvery coloured Tilas and matched them with hematite seed beads in sizes 11/0 and 15/0.  The pattern was confusing at first, but as soon as the first couple of rows formed, I could see where I was going and spent the rest of the class happily weaving away.


It makes for a really slinky, tactile bracelet that feels nice worn.  I do love these shaped beads that have been coming out recently, like these Tilas and the Pips I've been playing with recently.  I'm quite tempted to do a bit of on line shopping and stock up on some more shapes, there are some interesting looking triangle beads I've got my eye on.

Part two of our day to follow soon.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

It does look lovely and slinky - a bit snakeskin-like!

Pamela said...

Very nice! I haven't seen these beads before.

Alison said...

Ooooh, what a gorgeous bracelet, the beads are fab!

Jane said...

Oh, I like this, it looks as if it has a wonderful feel to it

pennydog said...

Ooh very lovely

Christine Altmiller said...

i LOVE this bracelet! LOVE it!!! this must feel great on the arm :-)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely work! It looks so nice :D

Kathleen said...

Very pretty; love the fluidity of it.

Chrissie said...

What a super pattern it makes, very stylish. xcx

SuperMomNoCape said...

I think it's wonderful that yo and your mum do so many fun things together. Your bracelet turned out really pretty. I remembering reading somewhere that hematite has healing properties.

Jillayne said...

Gorgeous! I'm also intrigued by these interesting beads - no access to any kind of classes here though. which may be a good thing after all. I'm envious of your crafty day with your Mum - that must have been such fun - and with cake too!

Renee said...

Your bracelet is lovely! What a fun thing to make with your mom.