Tuesday 31 August 2010

The first post!

So here I am, posting.  I discovered blogs about 3 months ago, I know, I'm slow!  Then I thought about writing one... it finally got to the stage where I couldn't stop thinking about it and had to do it!

I wanted this blog to be about my new crafting experiences.  As a child and in my teens I tried loads of crafts - knitting toys, making things from Fimo, jewellry making, quilling and glass painting, but never, ever sewing.  I started making cards about 7 or 8 years ago and still do that now.  I've ventured out into a bit of scrapbooking and making notebooks with my fabulous Bind-it-All machine, but I always stayed within papercrafts. 

Suddenly, and for no real reason, back in November last year I decided to make all my Christmas presents.  This involved baking, painting wooden pen pots, cross stitching book marks, making notecards and booklets and decorating little boxes.  I got married in April so crafts went on the back burner, other than a cross stitch kit that my mum had bought me for Christmas and which I duly started. 

Wedding and honeymoon(s) over (thanks Mr Volcano for granting us an extra honeymoon!) the urge to make took over.  It started with some knitting.  I bought a copy of Knitty Gritty and I was off... 

I should really have started this blog back in May when it all began, but I didn't as I didn't know about blogs then (I warn you, I still don't now), so I'm going to have to try and travel back in time a little.  I'll start my blogs by craft category, but then they're going to get more general.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: