Friday 19 October 2012

what I'm working on


I've got so many WIPs lying around, I thought I should show you some of them.  I'm not going to show them all or we'd be here all night and you'd be asleep.  I'll just show you a couple.

Those of you that are part of the Handcrafted Holiday Sew & Stitch Along may well recognise these items.  First up is a tiny little cross stitch.  It came as a kit with CrossStitcher magazine a while ago.  The other night I had been working on my peyote star necklaces and wanted something else to do for an hour or so.  I picked up the kit and got stitching. 



This is how far I got as I ran out of thread!  That so annoys me when they don't provide enough thread.  I'm going to see if I can find something matching in my massive stash, if not, I'll have to abandon this and start again with stash thread.


See how tiny it is?  The other thing I've been working on is this little fella.


Isn't he cute!  I'm not going to explain what he is until it's finished, Sandra, don't spill the beans as I know you've worked it out!


I posted the photo below in the Flickr group for the Handmade Holidays Sew and Stitch Along and someone thought it was a hat.  Brilliant, wonder if I could make a bee hat like this?


6 comments:

Melody said...

Two cute projects

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Definitely a bee something... a donut shaped toy???

JoJo said...

The cross stitch kit should have the floss colour numbers so that you can match it at the store. It's one of my pet peeves when I run out of floss and I am sooooo careful not to waste it. I know you are supposed to do one direction first then the cross stitches, but I just make the whole X with each stitch.

Love the bee! He's cute!

Sandra :) said...

I know nothing. Ask my kids - they'll tell you the same thing! HA!!!!!

I'm having a great time visiting the flickr pools for that holiday stitch along - I'm getting all kinds of ideas, and I even ordered some fabric using one of the discount coupons -- SCORE! LOL!!!

Jillayne said...

Haha - remember way back when, when we first met here, and you were shocked that I had 100+ works-in-progress???
I'm laughing now!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Thanks to the Holiday SAL I am cross stitching again. Love your little butterfly.