Saturday, 22 March 2014
Quilty bucket list
Have you seen the Quilty Bucket List posts around the web recently? I had to join in. OK, I have a ginormous, over-ambitious, completely unachievable to-do list, but what's a few more? I'm linking up with The Tilted Quilt, you should write your own list and link it up!
I'm pretty sure most of these quilts will never happen, but hopefully some of them will. I can see some of them being cushions or table runners or smaller items, but that's fine with me.
1. Cathedral Windows. I love these quilts, they are stunning. Of course, I need to learn how to do it first! I love this one by Amy of During Quiet Time.
Photo and quilt by Amy
2. A Dear Jane style quilt in a rainbow of colours. It could actually be any sampler, though it would be machine pieced of course, I'm not completely off my rocker! I found a gorgeous one with a black background but don't know who to ask for permission to show it, so check out the one on this link from Empire Quilters.
I'm also madly in love with this beauty quilted by Judi at Green Fairy Quilts
Photo and quilting by Judi, quilt made by Gwen Nashida
3. The famous Bottled Rainbows ticker tape quilt designed by Rachel at Stitched in Colour, look at this gorgeous one by Kelby at Kelby Sews.
Photo and quilt by Kelby
4. Green Tea and Beans by Jen Kingwell. It's stunning, what more can I say!
Photo from the Amitie store
5. I'd love to make a Swoon quilt. Whether I'd make a mini, a cushion, a full quilt or even a giant one-block quilt, I'm not sure, but it's on the list. This one from Jeanette at Gone Aussie Quilting is beautiful.
Photo and quilt by Jeannette
6. A Dr Who quilt. I'm very tempted by this Tardis quilt by Renee. I'd be tempted to make a really large quilt, using some of Trillium's paper pieced patterns in the border... if I'm being ambitious, I might as well be over-ambitious!
Photo and quilt by Renee
7. A Quilt with a quote or some writing on it, quote not decided yet, but I do love the flip side of this quilt by Kate Spain, click on the link and see the back!
Photo and quilt by Kate Spain
8. A Stained Glass quilt, like the one designed by Sarah at Narcoleptic in a Cupboard who ran a quilt along in 2012
Photo and quilt by Sarah
9. Bunny Appliqué quilt, like this one by Katros at My Pink Cosmos, the pattern is by Toni Alexander of The Red Boot Quilt Company. You can find the pattern for sale here, though I'm also tempted by the larger bunnies at Hyde Park design...
Photo and quilt by Katros
10. A pieced bunny quilt of my own design. I'm collecting fabrics for this one so it might actually happen!
11. I have the book for Anni Downs' Some Kind of Wonderful quilt which features a lot of applique and embroidery. I love this one by Leeanne at Quilt Me Kiwi, I'm drawn to the blue backing.
Photo and quilt by Leeanne, pattern by Anni Downs
12. A completely hand-appliquéd quilt, like this one, Meg's Garden by Kellie Wulfsohn of Don't Look Now, though any of Kellie's patterns would do me!
Pattern available at Kellie's shop
13. An I-Spy quilt for my nephew, possibly using Economy blocks. I need to start collecting fabrics for this. He just turned two so this should probably be at the top of my list!
13 is not a good number to end on... I should probably come up with some more, give me 2 minutes on Pinterest and I'm sure I will!
handmade by Wendy at 07:00