Anyway, coffee mat. My coffee machine has a little hole in the bottom of the tray. There is another tray that fits inside but it means my little jug doesn't fit under the nozzle so I take it out. Hence the need for a mat (I also stuff a j-cloth inside but it doesn't stop a bit of mess). I made some a while ago, but they're all stained now so I'm replacing them.
I found this block on Pinterest, I just had a look at my boards and can't find it, apologies if I've used your tutorial and not credited you, though I didn't use the tutorial, I could see how to make it from the picture. I drew a quick sketch and coloured it in to follow as I sewed.
I had a charm pack of Java, I've had it for years, since I first started sewing, and decided it was time to use it. I like the little coffee bean print.
This was pretty easy to make and my points aren't too bad! I sewed it right-sides together with a piece cut out of an old tea towel, then turned - no binding. It's 12" square.
Some quick straight line quilting either side of the seams to keep the layers together.
And we're done! Only problem...
...with the coffee machine on top, you can barely see my lovely piecing!