Monday 22 September 2014

finishing off

I have been finishing off WIPs!  Yay for me, not something that happens round here much, despite my best intentions!



I went to a class to make this bracelet in December last year.  I then had a 'mare trying to sew the ultra suede on the back as I cut it too small. Fast forward 9 months and I tried again, and succeeded!  I didn't enjoy sewing the backing (and all those edging beads which are size 15/0) on, which is a shame as I enjoy bead embroidery in general.  This is now a brooch and I'm very pleased with it.




I'm less pleased with this, which has only been a WIP for a couple of weeks.  It's my knook spa cloth, relegated to being a dishcloth, and what a bloody mess!




I added a loop so I can hang it from the tap, and a crochet edging to try to neaten it up.  Didn't work, did it?  Ah well, first time knooking and all that... 


This kumihimo braid is only a week or so old, but it was nice to get it out of the box where I keep half done jewellery components.  I added some lucite flowers held on head pins with Swarovski pearls, and hung them from a short length of chain.



I'm really pleased with this one and have worn it already.  I'm also pleased with the alternative method of putting on the end caps that I came up with.  Not so neat, but I have long hair so it doesn't matter.  I know how to do it better for next time.


I made this bracelet back at the beginning of August, and all it needed was a clasp!  Clasp added.



Bracelet done.




I feel all virtuous now.  I might just go and start a few (dozen) more projects!

17 comments:

Sheryl said...

Love how your bracelet/brooch turned out and this last blue bracelet is very pretty - can see you making a lot more.

Rachel said...

A positive orgy of finishing - well done!

I find ultrasuede a nightmare in all circumstances, so particularly well done on that score..

pennydog said...

My favourites are the first and the last, well done for reducing the list down!

Christine Altmiller said...

you are inspiring me with these WIPs! I may need to get out a few and go for it. Love the brooch ~ the colors are wonderful. And the bracelet is really sweet too!

Anonymous said...

some really lovely beading - I especially like the blue flower bracelet

SuperMomNoCape said...

My goodness where have I been, I had to look up what knooking was only to find that it's been around for a few years. Good for you for giving it a go!

I love the jewelery, especially the necklace. I like that combination of the bead pendant and the kumihimo braid.

Pamela said...

Finishing projects is such a great feeling! I'm so much better at starting new ones, but I love to see everyone else's finishes.

Jane said...

Well done on getting so many finishes. Love what you've done with the necklace, it looks good

Christine said...

Lovely work, the blue bracelet is particularly pretty

margaret said...

some lovely things here you have been god finishing off things. Not heard of knook before just looked in my dictionary and not there either

Sandra :) said...

WOW Miss Virtuous - you got a lot of fun and different projects finished! Love the brooch, and the dishcloth is more interested in being productive than being pretty - I like that in a dishcloth! ;) The bracelet is very pretty, but that necklace is my favourite of all of them - gorgeous! The lucite flower dangly part adds the perfect amount of bling - nice!

Samantha said...

Wow, you're really ticking things off now!!! This year's method seems to be better than last year's method of the long, long, long list. I felt guilty reading your long list last year because it reminded me of my long, long, long list lol!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Congratulations on all these finishes. I bet this feels great.
They are lovely projects.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on your finishes! They look beautiful. The kumihimo braid necklace is my favorite, it's so pretty! :D

Lin said...

Lovely finishes - well the cloth has a use so not wasted. xx

Jo Ferguson said...

Isn't it wonderful to get those WIP's off the list, so we can add more to it???? The brooch is gorgeous, as is the rest of your jewellery. I think the knook piece is charming. Charming is the word I use to describe someone or something that's not overly pretty but has a lot of personality. For instance......I'm charming.

Jo Ferguson said...

When I left the last comment, I got an error message, so I'll try again. I think it's great to get so many WIP's off your list so you can add new ones to it. Your jewelry is gorgeous, especially the brooch. I think the knook piece is charming. I use the word "charming" to describe something that is not really pretty but has a lot of personality. For instance.....I'm charming.