Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Stash

I'm not sure if Molli's doing a Sunday Stash this week, but if he is, I'm in.

Molli Sparkles

I've got three stash additions to show you this week.  Starting with this:


That is a 120" wide roll of wadding.  Or is it batting?  Kerry!  I can't remember which is our word!  Anyway, I needed wadding/batting and didn't want to buy little packs, so this was the answer.  To the right you see one of my much treasured communist posters.  This is from the Czech Republic.  I love me a good communist poster.

Then we have the result of Oakshott having a half price sale and sending me an email about it.


I've wanted some Oakshott for a while and this F8th bundle of Lakes was mine after a few minute of frantic clicking.  It's shot with silver and I did intend to open it out to show you but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

The following F8th bundle was the result of a fabric swap hosted by Mara at Secretly Stitching. 


The theme was text prints, and most of them I really like, but there are 2 Christmas ones which I'm not so chuffed about.


Also, look what I found on one of them:


and on another:


Coffee stains.  Right in the middle.

I won't be joining in with the next round...

12 comments:

Kacey said...

Enjoy your Oakshott! I know how hard it can be to open a bundle - I've been known to open, photograph, and carefully reassemble :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great fabric stashing! Sorry about those coffee stains, though :S

CapitolaQuilter said...

Whatever you want to call it, the roll is a beauty. I missed out on the Oakshott sale which I guess is for the better since I'm too busy to use it and that would make me sad to have it sit.

Rachel said...

Those Oakshott fabrics look lovely just as they are - how could you bear to undo them to use them?!

Sandra :) said...

We call it batting - you call it wadding :) I like buying mine in king sized rolls too - 120" x 124" - I can make a LOT of zipper bags with that much batting, LOL!! Pretty fabrics you received in the swap - too bad about the stains though - the sender may not even have realized. Did you try washing them? If worse comes to worse, you can always fussycut around them ... or stick a beaded broach over them :D

Deepa said...

Love your stash!! But the coffee stains..that was BAD!! You should give a feedback to whoever organised the swap.

margaret said...

you are a tease not showing those wonderful Oakshott fabrics, rather naughty sending a stained swap, will vanish not remove it or maybe it has been there a long time and is unshiftable. Like you I got a roll of wadding mine is the eco friendly one as it was a friendly price from Lady Sew and Sew.

Anonymous said...

I go with wadding :) Extremely jealous of that large roll and of the oakshott!!!

That's a shame about your text prints- really don't understand how people could send them out like that.

pennydog said...

Wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding wadding.....

Where did you get it from? Did you have to remortgage your house? I have finished up my supply... :S

Ella and Nesta said...

The Oakshott bundle looks wonderful! About the text fabric: I'm sure Mara didn't notice the stain otherwise she would never have sent it out. She is a fabric lover too! Try telling her...

Anita said...

The Oakshott fabric bundle looks lovely.What a tease you are Wendy !The text prints also look good but sorry about the coffee stain though..She shouldn't have sent it.

Mara said...

I totally didn't know about the coffee stains and I cut the fabric for both of those so they were not on there when I cut them but it is a possibility that it could have happened at the post office, they drink coffee at their desk, I am resending you those two and 2 non-Christmassy ones. This time I will wrap them very well. My apologies.