Friday 26 September 2014

Swarovski love

I love me a bit of Swarovski bling.  Which is fatal when I go to craft classes at the Bead Shop as they sell lots of Swarovski.



I'd bought these pearls a while ago, the larger ones are 4mm Petrol and the smaller are 3mm light blue.  I wanted to make a pearl necklace, using a traditional knotting technique.  Mum lent me her Knot-A-Bead so I thought I'd better give it a go.  I used grey C-lon cord.  The gadget was hard to get used to, then great, but whenever I stopped to make a drink, eat my dinner, feed the buns, whatever, I lost the knack.



I didn't want a plain pearl necklace so I created a beaded cluster to dangle from it using this lovely twisted jump ring and a short length of textured chain.



I wear a lot of blue so this will see plenty of outings.



More recently I bought the dragonfly wings Swarovski Elements piece, and some Golden Shadow crystals in various sizes to go with it.  I'm in the process of beadweaving a necklace to hang it on. By "in the process" I mean I chose some seed beads, chose a pattern, tried to get started, failed and so put it to one side...



This was a little kit I got when I came second at the bead show last year.  I'd put it to one side to put together when I had a minute.  I really only did need a minute... maybe 5? to put this together.  I'm going to hang it on some chain.



Simple pendents, made in minutes, but very effective.

How do you spell pendent?  Is it pendent or pendant.  I'm getting confused with the french word meaning "during/while".






12 comments:

Rachel said...

I believe it is "pendant", because the derivation is related to the French word for "hanging". So you're getting confused for exactly the right reason and with the right language!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh these are all so beautiful! Even though I can't wear most jewelery, I do so love looking and admiring.

Sandra :) said...

I like to spell it pedant, just to show off :D J/K!!! :)

Pretty beads - the one with the dragonfly wings looks like an angel!

Sarah in Stitches said...

So pretty! I think they're all lovely, and can't wait to see what you do with those pendants (I think - now you've got me confused too!)

Rhona said...

Your necklace is lovely! The blue colours are just gorgeous!

Jane said...

Love the colours of those beads, enjoy wearing them

Alison said...

These are gorgeous! I love Swarovski as well, must look for the wings element, so cute! A x

p.s. I would always use pendant, not sure why, I am a scientist so can't spell :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I love that blue pearls necklace.

Christine said...

Pretty things, I've never seen that dragonfly wings element before, is it new? I'll have to look out for it.
I think it is pendAnt

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the pendent (or pendant, I don't know which is correct)with the blue pearls, very simple and elegant!

Anonymous said...

Your dragonfly is so pretty - definitely deserves a necklace to hang from.

Chrissie said...

Lovely beads, like the dragonfly and the pretty blue necklace, very original xcx