I finally, finally finished the red scrap bucket I started about 26 years ago. OK, maybe not that long, but it was before Christmas.
I made a panel using the Scrappy Trip Around The World method. I presume I quilted it, but looking at the photo below, it doesn't look like I did. Ooops, well that was an oversight then! When I came back to it after the 26 years, it was fused to a piece of fusible fleece and sewn into the basket shape, but i'd forgotten to put the heavy duty interfacing in, and it's that that makes them stand up, so I fused a piece to the lining instead. I think that's why this is slightly squarer than the others I've made.
I did iron down the sides to make it square, but the others definitely flop more. Maybe it's because they're 26 years old.
I lined it with a piece of pink/red/yellow fabric as I didn't have any large pieces of red that I was willing to sacrifice for a scrap bucket. The panels are 33" long to start with so fat quarters are no good unless I seam them.
And here it is with all my neatly ironed red scraps!
Now I have 6 baskets. I've only got brown, grey, white and black to go. I don't think I'll do individual baskets for all of those colours, but I'm not sure yet where the split will be. I'll let you know in 26 years.