Wednesday 29 July 2015

Bluebird Parking

It has been a a long time since this WIP saw the light of day.  I just went back to try to find the previous post about it, but I can't find it.  I don't even know when I began this quilt, but basically, I have a charm pack and some fat quarters of Bluebird Park.  So far I've made eight 8" star blocks.  I have no plan for this quilt, no pattern, I'm making it up as I go along.

Even though it's been packed away out of sight, it's been on my mind lately so one Sunday, a couple of weeks ago, I got it out and started sewing.  That's when my machine broke down, so I drove to my parents' house, picked up mum's machine and started sewing, again.



I started with some sorting, looking to see what I'd got and which fabrics I should use.



Then I made a half size block, a little 4" (finished).  You see, I had a plan.  I didn't have a pattern but I thought I could make it work.




I encased that little star in another star, now it's 8" (finished).  See where I'm going here?



Bunnies!!

9 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Wendy! Like where you are going with these blocks! The fabrics are very pretty! :) x

Rachel said...

Good to get a WIP back in the stocks. Call it a Work In Slow Progress, and say that the time elapsed was thinking time!

Fiona said...

oh my gosh I love this.. the fabrics, the colours, the pattern... just gorgeous...
Hugz

margaret said...

certainly going in the right direction is it going to be a medallion quilt I wonder or are you making more blocks, suppose I will have to be patient and wait and see

Chris of UK City Crafter said...

Star in a star in a star with bunnies - what could be better!

quirkyhannah said...

I love this line! And it's looking really good where you are going with it (and the bunnies :) )

Sarah in Stitches said...

It looks amazing! Awesome job. Can't believe you're just making this up, I'm so impressed :D

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This star pattern is a great design for these fabrics. It's growing beautifully :)

Jane said...

What a great block, loved seeing how it was progressing