Friday 26 August 2016

More finishing things off

I did a post a few weeks ago about some languishing UFOs which I'd finally finished.  Well I've finished some more.

This bead embroidered pendent was made in October 2015, you can see the original post here.

When I was putting pendents on chains the other week, I tried this one on a chain, but it wasn't right.  it needed something different.  I thought I'd try a beaded rope so I got out some suitable seed beads and my copy of Seed Bead Stitching by Beth Stone.


The photo above shows the samples I made.  On the left is a spiral which just didn't look right, I can't remember what the middle one is, and the one on the right is a peyote tube.  I really like the peyote tube but it was too big for this pendent.  Instead I chose a tri-stitch from Bead Play everyday, also by Beth Stone.



I didn't take a close up of the beaded chain but it is quite delicate.  I've worn this a few times recently.


I can't find the origins of this project.  It was cross stitched a long time ago, at least 4 years I think.  All it needed was stuffing and the turning gap sewing up.  I'd neglected it so long as I'd cut the linen too close to the seam and it was fraying.


I put lavender in it and sewed it up as best I could.  It now lives in my knicker drawer so I don't suppose the messy seam matters.


Finally I have this rather strange bunny to show you.  Again, I can't find a post about him, but I think I made him before my nephew was born and he's 4 now.


I made the pattern up myself, I have no idea where I got the idea for such a weird bunny from!  The pink bits on the ears are appliqued and I embroidered a face, but I used a pale pink so it's barely visible.


All I had to do on this fella was stuff him, sew up the turning gap and sew on his tail.  There were three different pompoms with him so I selected the one below.


I wasn't sure what to do with him, I was just pleased to get him out of the UFO basket (or rather drawer, though I do have UFO baskets, and bags and piles...) so he lives with my Jellycat bunnies in the bedroom.

I've got to keep on top of this finishing off, I must have scores of UFOs... 

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Congrats on the finishes!

Rhona said...

Well done on finishing off your projects! Now you've got me feeling really guilty about all the things I should finish off.....maybe this weekend I'll tackle some of them......maybe!!!

D1-D2 said...

I need to try the spiral. I've already tried making one with kumihimo and crochet hook, but I still have to try it with a needle. Any good tutorials?

Jane said...

that beaded chain is really pretty, perfect! GReat to get the finishes out of the way, makes you feel good

Jessie's Needle said...

I'm now inspired to look through my unfinished/just one more stitch to do items. Well done.
Sandra ✂️

Rachel said...

.. And being a lavender sachet in a drawer, the seam won't be under any strain.

Anonymous said...

All that finishing is putting me to shame - I seem to just keep starting more and more...!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awesome finishes! I bet it feels great to get these done and out of the way :D