Tuesday 28 March 2017

Button heart

The second session of the Christmas met at the beginning of March.  The idea was to make button pictures as seen on Pinterest.  The original ideas found were Christmas trees and starts, but I went in a different direction.



I bought the chunky frame for a few quid from Asda.  It looks like a box frame as the frame sticks out quite far, but the glass sits right on the picture so I had to discard it.  I used some painted wooden buttons I had in red and blue and made a heart.  I opted not to fill it in.  It took me all of about 10 minutes!

I did have an accident with the glue.  I had a plastic bottle of PVA glue which used to be kept on the windowsill in my craft room.   Apparently not a good idea.  I picked the bottle up, squeezed and it broke in half, spewing glue everywhere!  

The next session is tonight, we're doing something with jam jars...

11 comments:

Christine B said...

Cute project Wendy! Hope you have a nice time at the next session! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the jam jars! Christine x

Rachel said...

I've had similar mishaps with glue bottles. I've come to the conclusion that small bottles you actually use up make more sense than big ones you keep until they break!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Very cute! Strange that I have so many buttons and never thought to make something pretty like this! xx

Bethany said...

Cute buttons!

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely idea - perfect to hang in your crafting room!

Ellie Foster said...

This is very effective and very pretty too. Quick and easy projects are great to have in between the more time consuming ones, aren't they?
Best wishes
Ellie

margaret said...

this might have only taken a few minutes but it looks classy. What a mess you had to clean re with the glue, I have a big container bought back in the 90s kept in a cupboard and it is still fine, just as well that was not in the sun as it would have been one enormous mess.

Rhona said...

What a sweet project...and very effective...it looks wonderful!

Jane said...

I like the heart, buttons are fun. I did some cards recently, loved doing them

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Very cute! :D