Thursday 9 September 2010

Emergency birthday present!

I'm going to let you into a little secret, I'm incredibly disorganised!  I like to think I'm organised, and I'm good at sorting out my craft stuff and making lists, but I'm rubbish at actually doing the things on the list.  Last week a work colleague who's also a friend told me she'd be thirty the following Friday but she wouldn't be at work that day (as in tomorrow), so I thought I'd better make her a present.  Can you guess when I made the present and card?  Last night... 

I "whipped up" (that means cursed and swore as my thread got tangled and it all went wrong) 2 little scented heart sachets.  This time I decided to try something new and appliquéd, then embroidered a pair of knickers and a bra on them.  I started off with a blanket stitch around the edges in a lovely cream floss, then I whipped that with more floss and was quite impressed that it looked like that little edging you get on knickers.

I'd love to know what you think:

I also whipped up a quick birthday card.  I often find it hard to make cards when I know it's got to be done that day, I was really stuck on this one and it's not really my usual style, but I hope she likes it anyway.


So now that's all done, I've got to get back to finishing Rebecca's presents in time for her party on Saturday.  I added a tail to the pig and I've pressed them and Bondawebbed them onto the t-shirts, now I just have to embroider round the edges.  My Piglet and Tigger embroidery kits showed up too, I made a start on Piglet last night (when it gets past 9 and I'm wondering what to make, I always turn to embroidery or cross stitch, I'm not sure why!) and have just tonight and tomorrow to get them finished.  Then I'll have to attempt to frame them...  Watch this space!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Wendy, Disorganised?? I'm the queen of that. I don't really design before I start but always have an image in my head of where I'd like to go if that makes sense. i did so much design work at UNI that it still feeds everything i do now.

Marilyn said...

I like the appliques. The stitching hasgiven a neat looking edging. Well done.