Sunday 5 September 2010

sewing round a pig

I thought I'd show you what I'm currently working on before posting about some projects I completed before starting this blog.

It's Rebecca's birthday soon and her party is next Saturday, so I have a deadline for finishing her presents.  I've embroidered her two Winnie the Pooh pictures, but unfortunately the other two haven't turned up in the post yet so I'm working on a couple of t-shirts to make sure she gets something!  She likes pigs at the moment so I'm appliqueing an pig t-shirt and also a sheep.  Both are my own design.

I've almost finished satin stitching around the pig - it has taken hours!  I'm just hoping it starts to look a bit better when I put some features and the nose on.

And here's the sheep all cut out and Bondawebbed together:

I think I'm going to running stitch the white bits as it'll add to the effect when it frays a little.  I'm not sure how I'll do his head or face yet.  I'll post more when they're done.

No comments: