Friday 1 July 2011

Skill Builder Blocks week 2

Oh dear, it would seem I put these photos in a post, then scheduled it without ever actually writing the post.  Apologies to anyone it may have confused!

So, this is my attempt for the Value 9-Patch block which is block two of the Skill Builder QAL at Sewn!. I'm really enjoying this QAL, even though I'm not making a quilt, it's good to practice the skills and learn a lot along the way.  It even inspired me to buy 2 quilt block books, more about that another time.


Above are the fabrics I chose all laid out and ready to go.  I chose fabrics from Fig Tree's Patisserie range, given to me by the wonderful Nancy.  There's also some Breakfast At Tiffany's spots in there. 

And, without further ado... here's my finished block:


I'm pretty happy with it.  the points all match up nicely, but I really don't understand the colour value thing that Leila is trying to teach us, I don't really know what that means and I don't think I achieved it as I don't see a square within the square.  I think I'll have to do some more research unless anyone can enlighten me?

Does anyone want a close up so you can scrutinise my points?  No?  Tough!

 

  



Just a quick reminder about my LANT challenge in case you missed it.  I'd love for people to join in.  Information here.



I know I've been doing a lot of patchwork recently, I hope that hasn't put people off my blog.  This isn't going to be an exclusively quilting blog at all, it's just that certain commitments (my placemats, the Skill Builder challenge and my table topper) all seemed to collide.  Life's also been a bit hectic and a little bit rubbish recently.   Long hours mean less stitching / crocheting / beading.  Enough whinging, it's Friday! 

8 comments:

Joysze said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine said...

So, why aren't you making a quilt? Looks like you're part way there anyway ;')

Fiona said...

I don't really understand value well... someone said take a photo and then edit it to be black and white... then you can see the 'value'.... your blocks look great and I like hte colours whatever the value.... silly boss... there are names for them but I can't say it on the blog....mmmm have a lovely weekend...
Hugz

Sandra :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hands Sew Full said...

Great little block! Post about what ever your heart desires at the moment! I'll read it! As for your boos....well I think Joysze about summed it up in a nut shell! I'm with her.

cauchy09 said...

great work on that block!

and booooooo to jerk-y bosses...

Nancy Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.