So sweet! I know the photos aren't amazing, it was very hard to shoot as the yarn is glossy and light reactive, I'm pretty pleased with these "floating photos" though.
I tried to get a close up of the colour as in the top photo it looks more silver than it actually is, the above photo is more accurate. I emailed Hanni about the size issue and she said her other testers had used Aran weight, so back to Hobbycraft for me! The selection of Aran was rubbish, a handful of variegated yarns basically. I didn't want to use variegated for this project as I feel the texture would be lost in the mix of colour. I finally found Patons Wool Blend Aran. The wool is 63% which was a concern as this beanie is for me and I find wool very itchy, but it's not, so that's good!
Here's the finished item, proudly modelled by the small globe that sits on my windowsill!
I LOVE the pattern and if I can find some black aran, I'll crochet up another. As far as my pattern testing job went, I didn't have to correct the pattern at all, it was very well written.