Wednesday 20 March 2013

a pink girly post

You may be rather surprised to see the pink Hello Kitty fabric in the pictures below.  Let me assure you that I had to buy it specially for a request I had!



I had an email from a teacher at a local school who'd found my blog post on Wiggly Bags.  She told me that one of her pupils, a 5-year old girl, was in need of a Wiggly Bag and loved pink and Hello Kitty, she asked if I could help.  Of course I would.



I made three of the wiggly bags as I assume they will need washing.  I used some satin ribbon and some grossgrain ribbon from my sash.



I then made a matching zipper pouch to put them in, of course she can use it for whatever she likes.



I even did a reasonable job on the ends of the zipper!  I lined it with a cute strawberry print I'd picked up at Harrogate.



It broke my heart making these.  I really wish there was no need for me to make them but as long as there is a need, I'll carry on.  That reminds me, I must get in touch with the local hospital to see if they have a need for them.


11 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Beautiful, and very girly- don't try to deny you had this fabric in your stash, you told me yourself HK was your favourite!!

Anna said...

Cute !!!
Anna

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The zipper ends look great, Wendy!!! It's funny how most little girls go through a PINK stage...

Marilyn said...

I was a little surprised at first, to see the pink pic. Good move to use that HK fabric - they look good.

JoJo said...

Very cute!!!!!! That reminds me, have you see the whole Grumpy Cat thing? Did you see my post where Grumpy's face was photoshopped onto Hello Kitty but was called Hell No Kitty ?? lol

Celtic Thistle said...

A feast of girliness, you will have made a little lady very happy!

moira said...

brilliant. maybe we could have a wiggly bag sesh at one of our meetings?

Shirley said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of girly pink, go on admit it you like it really....

Kandi said...

Brilliant make honey and it is a very worthwhile cause! xx

Jane said...

Beautifully made, love the lining fabric too

Samantha said...

I've not heard of wiggly bags before, but I've gone through the links now. Do you send them to your local hospital? Did you follow a pattern? If so can you send it through for me please? x