... waiting to be done. Damn you Husqvarna who were out of stock of darning feet. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive so I can quilt this baby:
Sorry for the appalling photo. I could NOT get the colours at all. It looks like an Instagram photo, but it's not. The background is actually black. I followed the pattern in last month's Love Patchwork and Stitching, but I'm pretty sure I've seen dozens of free versions of this pattern on the internet. It's paper pieced.
This is a cushion for Jacob to match the quilt I've nearly finished... post coming soon (if I ever finish stitching the damn binding down!). I used Oh Fransson!'s Mod Mosaic tutorial and really love the effect. I wanted to use the 20" cushion insert I had, but I wanted it to be puffy and full, so I made the cushion cover 21". Yep, went the wrong way there! It will have to be cut down to 19". I got the insert out to see how much bigger it was and realised I'd bought an 18" insert... oh dear. I hope the Range has some 20" as Jacob's coming up at the weekend!
Check out my mitred corner! Take that Y-seams, you are NOT hard. I have to get this hand quilted (in Perle) and made up, I suspect I'll be doing it at this weekend's Quilt Guild meeting. Ladies, prepare for a panicky Wendy!