First though, you have to look at my purple scrap bucket. It's compulsory. I showed you the improv wonky log cabin blocks I made last month (intentionally wonky!), I sewed them together, added some height and width, quilted it and sewed it into another bucket.
All of my buckets are the same size, they start as 13" x 33" panels, are sewn with a 1/2" seam and the bottom corners are boxed at 3". I'll let you do the maths!
They are all quilted with a piece of fusible fleece, then I add some firm interfacing and make up the bucket. I then make another lining, this one is an old pillow case (I'm not wasting expensive quilting cottons on a scrap bucket - other than for the outside of course!).
They all also have a hanging tag so I can hang them at a later date when I've had the chance to sort my craft room out and have something to hang them from.
Here he is, filled with all my ironed scraps. Yep, I iron them. Only as I make each scrap bucket, the reds and yellows are all crumpled and stuffed in bags. I find it pretty easy to iron new scraps I make before adding them to the bags and it makes it a lot easier to find and use them.
So here's Mr Green. For the outside, I tried doing a jelly roll race. Not with a jelly roll, just with longish scraps I had. I cut them to 2.5" wide and sewed them end to end to make a very long strip.
It was supposed to be a leader and ender project, but I got carried away! I then sewed along the lengths, cut, sewed, cut... It was quick and fun to do, but I messed up a bit as you can see there is rather a large patch of that animal print above, and half of it is upside down!
I tried to line this with an old skirt lining. Well no, I didn't TRY to line it, I did line it, but I'm not sure if it's green. In some lights it looks dark khaki, in others it looks brown. We'll call it khaki!
4 scrap buckets down, only yellow, red, black, grey, brown and white to go... then I have to start the solids.