Sunday 11 May 2014

sparkly!

A couple of weekends ago, me and my wonderful mum went to a jewellery class at The Bead Shop Nottingham.  It was Swarovski and twin beads.  I've only ever used Tila beads, so was looking forward to this.  For the uninitiated, twin beads are seed beads (the diddy little ones) with 2 holes, this makes them an oval shape.  Tila beads have 2 holes too, but they are square and flat.



We made this bangle.  Or rather, I made this bangle, everyone else made their own bangles.  I found the most gorgeous Swarovski crystals in the boxes our tutor put out for us, I knew I had to use them, even though I'd gone into the class with the idea of making a purple bangle.



I went for clear AB twin beads (AB just means sparkly!) and chose a purple seed bead, size 11/0, to match.  The bangle is reversible, above you can see the little domes made by the twin beads and the seed beads.



And this is the other side which shows off the crystals better.  In all fairness, these photos are CRAP so it's really hard to make out, but sparkly crystals and AB beads are a real pain to photograph.  Ah well, just imaging a sparkly bracelet, done that?  Good, that's what I made!

16 comments:

Christine said...

That is beautiful!

JoJo said...

I'm glad you went with those crystals. They are really pretty.

Rachel said...

Fun to make, and fun to wear, as well!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Beauitful job! I have some of those twin beads but had and have no idea what to do with them!

Sandra :) said...

You have a lot of fun with your mom at that bead shop - I love seeing the pretties you make!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Such a beautiful bracelet! Great job :D

Maria said...

This is so so pretty. I love the colour combination.

Jane said...

Looks like you had a successful class, have fun wearing it

margaret said...

such a very pretty bracelet

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Wendy, so pretty. I'd never heard of beads with 2 holes in them but I can see how they open up a whole new possibility of designs.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

pennydog said...

Well I think it still looks pretty in these photos...

Christine Altmiller said...

Love this and the colors you picked! What a great design~looks like it was a fun class. Crystals are the worst to photograph!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Oh, this is lovely Wendy. Well done! It's a bracelet I would be very happy to wear, and would love to make for myself.
It is sometimes hard to get the camera to capture what you see - and sparkle is one of those elusive qualities. But your photos are not crap. Not even without the capitals! :)

Melissa said...

Your bracelet is simply stunning! My mom used to do bead projects like this, I often wonder if I would have the patience...

Jo Ferguson said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Jo Ferguson said...

GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!