Tuesday 30 September 2014

September review

It's time to see what has happened challenge-wise this month.  Not that much...

Needlequest

The theme was Autumn and I got re-started on my Hardanger project, stitching the September block.



Sew Kitschy paper piecing bom 

September was the last month of this BOM and I can safely say I've failed quite spectacularly to keep up with this BOM.  Trivets WILL be made...


Something New for 2014

There was Zentangling and Micro macrame this month, not to mention my amazing Knooking!




A Lovely Year of Finishes

I said I'd finish the Mackintosh-inspired wall hanging which is a quilt pattern from Quiltessential.  I did get a fair bit done, but it's not finished.






I've done all the reverse applique, and the bias binding is now in place and stitched down.  I stalled when it came to quilting it as I'm not sure how to do it.




I wondered about a loopy FMQ in each block, but then I wondered about matchstick quilting.  Suggestions would be gratefully received.



















As you can see, the edges are not perfectly straight, and one of the corners is very skewiff, this is also putting me off finishing it as I'm not sure how to go about binding it...

Craft Book Sew along

I reviewed The Zentangle Workbook 2 and Knook, I also made a bunny from Amigurumi.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge


This month was orange and my 3 orange scraps weren't big enough to make a scrap bucket... I'll wait for October's colour.

Smalls SAL

Completely failed.  I blame the Hardanger!


2014 FAL Q3

We're at the end of Q3, so here's a quick rundown of how I faired:


1. Bag of the Month June bag - done!



2. Bunnie softie - done!


3. Placemats to match my chair cushions.  Still at the "scraps in a bag" stage

4. Flower Patch bag kit - nope

5. Hessian reindeer - nope

6. Mackintosh wall hanging - in progress but not finished

7. Circle of Geese mini.  Not even thought about


8. Recycling bag for our kitchen - done, and a matching hay bag



9. Quilt And Sew On - not touched

10. Cuzco quilt - all the blocks are made, I just need to sash and join them

11. Applique cushion.  FMQ not done

12. Latch hook rug - still sitting unbound

So I managed 3 out of 12, and worked on 2 others.  Not so bad.  Bet you can't guess what will be on my Q4 list!

Related Posts

August review and September goals
August goals
July review
July goals
June review
June goals
May review

May goals
April review
April goals
March review
March goals
February review 1
February review 2
February review 3
February goals
January review



9 comments:

Sheryl said...

Lovely bunny softie.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The Mackintosh-inspired wall hanging is going to be quite spectacular!!! Would binding in black work?

Rachel said...

Maybe the quilting needs to be in straight lines radiating from the corner with the quarter-circle in it, to echo the lines of the design?

Sandra :) said...

Gee Wendy - I'm disappointed that you couldn't create an entire basket out of 3 scraps - surely you could have waved a magic wand and made more scraps appear out of nowhere?! You obviously didn't try hard enough! ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

I think you were incredibly busy! Great finishes this month/quarter :D

SuperMomNoCape said...

I wonder if you quilted it in radiating "circles" starting from the edge of the quarter circle in the bottom left corner. By using curved quilting rather than straight lines it should disguise the fact that the wall hanging is not quite square. It might even bring it back towards being square a bit.

And I do like that bunny!

elizabethdee said...

You are doing gorgeous work! And you're so productive!
I especially love your quilt, both the pattern and the colors you've chosen, and I sympathize with the struggle to finalize a plan to quilt it. If it were mine I'd probably want to emphasize the beautiful lines and shapes of the pattern -- maybe a single straight line echoing the shape of each patch, sewn a quarter-inch from both sides of the black lines? (Is this where I ask if I'm being clear as mud?) whatever you decide will be great. good luck!

Jane said...

I really do love that Macintosh inspired wall hanging, hope that's on your list to finish

margaret said...

seems like you got quite a bit done last month, the Mackintosh piece looks complicated, as you know I love the hardanger and as for the bunny so so cute