It's time to see what has happened challenge-wise this month. Not that much...
The theme was Autumn and I got re-started on my Hardanger project, stitching the September block.
Sew Kitschy paper piecing bom
September was the last month of this BOM and I can safely say I've failed quite spectacularly to keep up with this BOM. Trivets WILL be made...
Something New for 2014
There was Zentangling and Micro macrame this month, not to mention my amazing Knooking!
A Lovely Year of Finishes
I said I'd finish the Mackintosh-inspired wall hanging which is a quilt pattern from Quiltessential. I did get a fair bit done, but it's not finished.
I've done all the reverse applique, and the bias binding is now in place and stitched down. I stalled when it came to quilting it as I'm not sure how to do it.
I wondered about a loopy FMQ in each block, but then I wondered about matchstick quilting. Suggestions would be gratefully received.
As you can see, the edges are not perfectly straight, and one of the corners is very skewiff, this is also putting me off finishing it as I'm not sure how to go about binding it...
Craft Book Sew along
I reviewed The Zentangle Workbook 2 and Knook, I also made a bunny from Amigurumi.
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
This month was orange and my 3 orange scraps weren't big enough to make a scrap bucket... I'll wait for October's colour.
Completely failed. I blame the Hardanger!
2014 FAL Q3
We're at the end of Q3, so here's a quick rundown of how I faired:
1. Bag of the Month June bag - done!
2. Bunnie softie - done!
3. Placemats to match my chair cushions. Still at the "scraps in a bag" stage
4. Flower Patch bag kit - nope
5. Hessian reindeer - nope
6. Mackintosh wall hanging - in progress but not finished
7. Circle of Geese mini. Not even thought about
8. Recycling bag for our kitchen - done, and a matching hay bag
9. Quilt And Sew On - not touched
10. Cuzco quilt - all the blocks are made, I just need to sash and join them
11. Applique cushion. FMQ not done
12. Latch hook rug - still sitting unbound
So I managed 3 out of 12, and worked on 2 others. Not so bad. Bet you can't guess what will be on my Q4 list!
August review and September goals
February review 1
February review 2
February review 3