One night at the beginning of January (I made so much over the Christmas break it's going to take me a while to show it all!) I felt in a jewellery mood. I have a little plastic box with WIPs, half finished projects and components I've bought for a particular design. This one took my fancy. It was a bag of different sized lucite flowers and a donut sieve. I should have taken a photo of the sieve, but here's what it looks like.
My first experiments with threading a size 10 seed bead and a flower onto a headpin didn't seem to be working so I switched to 0.4mm wire and wove in and out, that worked much better though the wire snapped a lot! The photos I took were terrible, so the one above is blurry and the one below is in the distance!
I've glued a brooch back on so I can wear it on my cardigan. It had been snowing outside when I took the photos so it was all a bit wet. The bunny run is the best place to get pictures in these conditions, and it also has the bonus that you can play a game of "spot the bunny poo"! Not a difficult game, mind...
Next out of the box was a coil of bracelet sized memory wire and some miracle beads. The purple and lilac beads are 3mm strung in a 3-3-1-1- pattern. I cannot for the life of me get a decent photo of miracle beads which seem to glow from within so go here to see what they really look like.
This red and bronze one is strung with black fimo heshi disks in between. The miracle beads are 4mm and I think I prefer this size.