Way back in 2010 I made myself a crochet bag. I have just spent 20 minutes hunting for the post about it, but can't find it anywhere. You're just have to take my work for it. I also made a shorter version for mum which you can see here.
At the Festival of Quilts, she asked me to make her a taller version with pockets round the outside. We chose the fabric and then of course, I did nothing! When my sewing motivation returned at the end of the year, I got right on it.
There are two things crying out to me in this photo. Firstly, it looks out of proportion. Funnily enough, in person it doesn't. Maybe it was the camera angle. Secondly, fabric direction. Yes, I messed that one up! It is lined in the same green spot fabric that I used for the top of the outer pocket. The pockets go all the way round and I've separated them with lines of stitching, leaving pockets of various widths.
I think the proportions look better in this photo. I used the same pattern as for the first ones, but only the measurements and the base template. I put it together in the way that made sense to me, and of course the pocket was my own invention (clearly not a new one!). It stands quite firm as it's got a layer of fusible fleece and a layer of medium-weight interfacing. It's not quilted as mum's not a fan of the quilted look.
The inside is possibly not as neat as it could be, but the lining isn't baggy so I call it a success!