Sunday 12 June 2016

Hardanger #3

I only woke up at 9am this morning and had a panic that I didn't have my SAL post up, so here I am, writing a post in my pjs, first coffee of the day beside me... it will be short and sweet!

I'm stitching on an old WIP from 2013 -  Mabel Figworthy's Fancies Song of the Weather SAL

Here is where I was last week - the photo below is sideways, I was working on the fourth block of six.



And here is where I am today:


You'd think, that as I haven't been to work in the last couple of weeks, I might have finished this, but unfortunately, though creativity is good for depression, depression is not good for motivation.


I almost finished block four - I've done the rest of the needle weaving in the cut areas and added the spider's webs.  I just have to do the ribbon rose, but I STILL haven't got round to looking to see if I have a suitable colour of ribbon in my stash! 


In the meantime, I started on block five - November.  I've done quite a lot, all things considered.  I've done all the kloster blocks and started cutting the threads, I just have to do the horizontal ones.  The pointy bits are woven picots which I learnt to do on the Casalguidi workshop, so that was fun.  The small squares are double cross stitch.  

Next I'll finish cutting the threads and start on the needleweaving, there's a lot of it to do!

I'm sewing along as part of a SAL, you can go and see what the other participants have been up to here:

AvisClaireGunCarole, LucyAnnKateJessSueConstanzeDebbieRose

13 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Yes, sometimes it's hard just to pick the damn thing up. But you obviously got into the swing of it once you had, since there are now two more lovely squares. And I'm pretty sure the embroidery police are not empowered to come round and give you a talking to if you just can't get started :-)

Anonymous said...

that looks like a lot of pregress to me!

Rachel said...

One thing I know about depression - it never helps to pester yourself about what you'd have achieved without it.

I think you're doing nicely. Anything that requires cutting threads should be taken slow and steady, regardless of state of mind....!

Anonymous said...

I know how much concentration is required to do Hardanger so I think you've made brilliant progress :)

Kerryp77 said...

Slow but steady, you've done lots on the sal. Great work

Anonymous said...

I like the latest motif the best. You are doing great :-)

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing just fine! And late?!! Not at all, I´m far behind posting :)

Jane said...

It's good to see progress on this, the cutting is always the scary bit

margaret said...

your blocks are coming along well, sorry the depression has kicked in again hopefully the stitching will help you and the sunshine we have been having too mind you that seems to have gone on holiday. I share my secret with you I always do my blogging with a cup of coffee in my pyjamas as soon I get up started at 5.30 this morning!

Sandra :) said...

Slow and steady wins the race - you're in the home stretch! The blocks are quite pretty :)

D1-D2 said...

I had a hard time settling on anything as well. Finally geared myself up to work on Fandango.

You're project is looking very nice, just be careful cutting those threads.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely progress! :D

Magpie Sue said...

I admire the fact that you haven't cut the wrong threads. That's what I would have done by now! This is going to be so beautiful in the end.