Last month I told you about a workshop we did at Katherine Fortnum Ceramics. We went to another workshop a few weeks ago and so were able to collect the birds we'd made.
He is intact, if not quite as attractive as he could have been. I only put one layer of underglaze on him so he's a slightly pinkish/brownish off-white!
Katherine did say that the inside would need a light sand as it was so hard to get it smooth during the making process, I was surprised how bumpy and knobbly it turned out.
He's on the kitchen window sill (indoors) at the moment until I decide where he can live and what he can hold.
At the last workshop we were making windchimes, or a hanging mobile of some sort. I don't have many photos but I have a few.
I cut out a series of hearts getting progressively smaller. I then textured some of them in different ways.
I used one of these fancy rulers to imprint some of the hearts. The small round thing is a stamp, I used that on other hearts.
Next it was glazed, three coats, and I scratched some designs into the glaze to reveal the clay underneath.
They're going to be fired, then we'll collect them. I think we've got another workshop later this month, I'm taking the Mother-in-law as well as mum so that should be good fun.