In the class we made a bracelet made of small components joined together. There is a rivoli in the centre of each one (it's like a crystal with a pointy back so the light shines through it) and we used a netting stitch and size 11/0 seed beads to make the cages to trap the rivolis in.
I took a few different photos trying to find a decent shot. Didn't happen.
The other item is a larger rivoli of the same greenish colour. I wanted to have a go at making a larger cage for the larger rivoli to make a pendent. I was just experimenting here and I haven't finished it off.
In the class Steph, the tutor, was making a pendent from some of the larger rivolis, and I bought some clear ones to take home with me to make a similar design. I chose some gorgeous sage seed beads and beaded up the necklace...
Blerghhh! OK, so the photo is terrible, the lighting is off as I took it at night, but I think you can still see how insipid and dirty looking and just bloody dull that colour is! I ripped it back. I'm now having a (quite long) think about which colours to use instead.