Wednesday 27 July 2016

netted rivoli bracelet and some of the worst photos I've ever taken

Wonderful mum and I took another class at The Bead Shop Nottingham and afterwards I took some of the worst photos I've ever taken and I'm going to inflict them on you!


In the class we made a bracelet made of small components joined together.  There is a rivoli in the centre of each one (it's like a crystal with a pointy back so the light shines through it) and we used a netting stitch and size 11/0 seed beads to make the cages to trap the rivolis in.


I took a few different photos trying to find a decent shot.  Didn't happen.


The other item is a larger rivoli of the same greenish colour.  I wanted to have a go at making a larger cage for the larger rivoli to make a pendent.  I was just experimenting here and I haven't finished it off.

In the class Steph, the tutor, was making a pendent from some of the larger rivolis, and I bought some clear ones to take home with me to make a similar design.  I chose some gorgeous sage seed beads and beaded up the necklace...


Blerghhh!  OK, so the photo is terrible, the lighting is off as I took it at night, but I think you can still see how insipid and dirty looking and just bloody dull that colour is!  I ripped it back.  I'm now having a (quite long) think about which colours to use instead.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The first bracelet is gorgeous in green . . . maybe a nice bright blue around the clear rivolis?

Karen's Stitchography said...

Firstly, I LOVE you blog and your efforts to try all craft you can!
Photos can be hard, but what I have found, is if you use high resolution on your phone, or camera, then take the pic from further away. Then edit it & crop it down to the pic you want. I have found this gives less blurry pics... Not that today's are blurry.
Beautiful jewellery.

Keep crafting!

Rachel said...

Pale blue, perhaps? Beadwork seems to be particularly difficult to photographs..

Bethany said...

You might hate your photos, lol, but I hope you love what you made--it's so twinkly and pretty!

Jane said...

love the green of those beads!

margaret said...

such a pretty bracelet re the second one I agree the colour is not to my liking either!!

Anonymous said...

I have issues with lighting too, but I've found if I open each photo with Microsoft Office Picture Manager (on the drop down menu from 'open' on the tool bar) then I can enhance the colours to something a bit more like the original. Love that beading pattern though!