Another 3 weeks have gone by and it's time for another update on the Mabel Figworthy's Fancies Song of the Weather SAL Hardanger piece that I'm stitching.
3 weeks ago this is how far I'd got:
I finished November's block. Each of the cutwork bars has been wrapped and the eyelet stitches put in some of them. The black marks are from my Frixxon pen, trying to find the starting point, they will disappear when I iron them.
In the photo below you can see the wrapped bars more clearly.
I also started, and finished, December's block. There was a lot of stitching on this one!
Whilst doing the cut work, I accidentally cut the wrong threads. A lot of people have commented on my Hardanger posts, saying they'd be afraid to cut the wrong thread. Well, here it is... can you see the two loose ends hanging down?
And below you will see that it's all fixed. I just wrapped them with the bars and noone is any the wiser.
The dragonflies are done in satin stitch with a row of couched beads for the body. I had used the beads in August's block so it was lucky that I actually remembered what they were as they weren't with the rest of my kit. They are the only navy beads I own so I knew they were size 11/0 Preciosa seed beads.
The beads are also used in three of the open squares - the ones where it looks like there are white fingers in the corners, that's what happens when you photograph navy beads on a black background!
So it looks like I'm finished, but I'm not. I STILL haven't done the ribbon rose on October's block and I'm going to add sashing between the blocks on both this and the January-June sampler I've done. Let's hope for just as much progress over the next 3 weeks!
I'm sewing along as part of a SAL, you can go and see what the other participants have been up to here:
Avis, , , , , , , , , , Christina