I've been finishing things! Almost completely....
First up, remember I did some Stumpwork in a class? Well I finished that. First I had to finish the wings. They were made separately to the main piece, using a piece of paper wrapped wire to form the outer edges and button hole stitched onto a lovely organza fabric.
The picture above shows them cut out. I cut them out, then realised I was supposed to coat the back of the wire in glue! Ooops... as long as people don't poke the piece, it should be OK!
And here it is all finished and mounted in a hoop as it's for my hoop gallery.
I made the ladybird by using a running stitch, then gathering it up tight to pull the edges round the back. I stuffed it and sewed it closed. I didn't do a great job with this, but it was hard! It was stitched on Aida which isn't exactly a giving fabric. I might have been better making it into a covered button!
The wires for the wings were poked through the fabric and tacked down on the back. I'm really pleased with the final piece! The wings are so lovely and shimmery in real life.
I also finished the goldwork that I started at a class. There wasn't that much to do here. The left mushroom was stitch with rococco, for which there were no instructions! I guessed and couched it down. I added the spankles and the pearl purl for the stem.
This isn't hooped up yet as I needed a 4" hoop and only have 3" or 5" ones! I've now ordered some and will probably bind it with a gold or silver ribbon.
I had already finished my shadow work piece, but it's now mounted in its hoop. There is a piece of green organza behind it which looks nice.
That was really hard to photograph and I don't think I was very successful! So, just one more to hoop up and that's all 3 WIPs from embroidery classes done!