Monday 20 March 2017

Silver triangle

I know my silversmithing posts aren't very popular, but I do want to keep this blog as a journal for me too, so I'm going to post about it anyway!  Also, I love this piece, I'm so proud of it.

I posted about my copper triangle at the end of last year.  I then went on to make one out of silver and I'm in love with it!



This is a hollow form.  It's made with 0.8mm sheet silver, cut and soldered together and then filed to remove the joins.  The top piece has been textured by rolling it through a mill with a piece of fabric.


After finishing, I drilled a hole across one of the points to string it.



The back was polished to perfection, but I've worn it a lot and it's become marked already!



I strung it on a pre-bought sterling-silver chain.  I think it works perfectly with the design.  Now I just need to string the copper version...

19 comments:

Bethany said...

I really like the simplicity of this, with that touch of texture on the metal.

Rachel said...

I think it looks wonderful. Well done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love how you got the texture onto the piece, very clever.

Oops-Lah said...

Oh wow, that's a beautiful piece of jewellery; contemporary and very "wearable". By the way; have you ever worked with precious metal clay?

Gina said...

It's a lovely necklace. You have a skill and patience I could never master xx

Fiona said...

thats a very modern piece... a blog is a great journal isn't it...
Hugz

Needles and Wool said...

Nice work! I like how it is so simple and chic

Christine B said...

I think your silver triangle is beautiful Wendy and I can understand why you love to wear it! Christine x

Heather said...

Gorgeous! I've never tried anything like that.

margaret said...

this is a pretty piece, I am sure it has been admired when you are wearing it, yes you must get the copper on e completed too as I am sure that will look good too though not sure what sort of chain you will have for that

Anonymous said...

It's a very pretty bangle

Kat said...

Whoa. That doesn't look like something you can just make, if you see what I mean? It's like a professional made it. I am super impressed!

Rhona said...

What a beautiful piece!

Kerryp77 said...

Love how you have achieved the texture on the piece, it's fab!

Mrs G said...

I can understand why you love this piece - I do too!

Christine Altmiller said...

The texture and the triangle shape are fantastic ~ great pendant!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I love your silversmithing posts - they make me long to be able to pick it up again. Fabulous pendant - I can see why you're so pleased with it.

Sarah in Stitches said...

That is very cool. I would definitely buy something like this in a store. Great job! :D

Jane said...

love the texture on the surface, it's really well made, beautiful