Wednesday 19 July 2017

Mixed metal bracelet

Silversmith class is now on a break for the summer.  I managed to finish off a piece I was working on before we broke up.  Originally this was going to be a necklace, but it morphed into a bracelet.  I am NOW working on the matching necklace!


I showed you in a previous post how I made these rings.  I made soldered rings in copper and silver, then make a series of jump rings from 1mm silver and copper wire to join them together.  I have not copper plated the solder on the copper rings (it would copper plate the silver too!), but I don't think it's that jarring.


I made the toggle clasp from a piece of 2mm square silver wire which I left unhammered to create contrast with the hammered rings.  I soldered half a jump ring on the back and attached it with rings.  It slips through the end circle on the bracelet to do up.



This is the second bracelet I've made from large links and I love it!  It goes very well with my Adidas Superstars which have copper stripes!


I've assembled most of the necklace I'm making, I'm just soldering the jump rings (and there are loads!), but it won't be touched again until September.  Hope I don't forget about it!



9 comments:

Rachel said...

The mixture of metals works really well, doesn't it!

Rhona said...

What a great bracelet! I love the texture in the rings....so pretty :)

RobynLouise said...

That's a lovely bracelet.

margaret said...

a unique bracelet loving that you have both copper and silver in it will look so good when you complete the necklace and wear them together

Mrs G said...

Looking good! Make a note in every diary/calendar you have to remind you to finish the necklace. Works for me!

pennydog said...

Sooo nice!

Kerryp77 said...

The bracelet makes a great statement piece. Looking forward to seeing your necklace too.

Jane said...

love the colours of the different metals together

Sarah in Stitches said...

It looks great! Wonderful job :D