Thursday 14 February 2019

Dabbling

Good morning all!  I disappeared there for a bit.  I've been having some health problems since I quit smoking before Christmas (thought quitting smoking was meant to be good for you!!) and it's completely sapped my motivation to blog, craft, or really do anything...  I have managed to conquer it on occasion though, so thought I'd show you what I've been up to.


Work has continued on my craft studio.  I put up some shelves.  They had been in my old craft room and I felt like they needed painting.  I painted them the same colour as my floor, and then, just for the hell of it, stencilled the bottoms!  I LOVE them!  No, the stencilling isn't very obvious, unless you're sitting down or short.  I am short so it's a win for me.  Since this photo, I have done more.  I'll do a post about this soon.


Silversmithing class continues and I have been playing with some domed circles in copper, silver and a teeny tiny one in gold from my mum's wedding ring.  


This comes out now and again.  A pretty piece of fabric, some teal and pink threads, doing what I fancy.  I haven't worked on it much recently due to the ill health and have instead been either crocheting (post coming soon!) or working on a small cross stitch I started.

I'm starting to feel slightly better, so I'm hoping to be back properly soon!  

10 comments:

Jane said...

Get yourself healthy and the rest will follow. It must feel good getting your room together

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I hope you are feeling better. I like your metal domes, I am rubbish at wood/metal crafts. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rachel said...

Love the idea of stencilling a bit that you can only see when you are settled down to your crafting!

Karen S said...

I am pleased to read that you are starting to improve. It is lovely to see you adding to your craft room and getting onto some projects.
I will you well in your recovery and hope you bounce back with loads of enthusiasm.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Congrats on quitting smoking, Wendy. I quit nearly twenty years ago and it was so much harder than I ever thought it would be but you will look back and be glad - especially every year in the budget! I'm glad to see you back in blogland. It's nice to be getting your craft room sorted and I hope you will be feeling better and back crafting at full speed very soon :) x

Magpie Sue said...

Good for you, taking that difficult step to stop smoking. Hopefully you will begin reaping the benefits now that your body has begun to adjust to the change. I think stenciling the bottom of your shelves was a brilliant idea!

Alex said...

Looking good! I'm very envious of your lovely craft room and looking forward to seeing what you plan to do with the domed circles.

Sandy said...

The fabric is very pretty, love the colors. I can see the stencil on the top shelf. Sounds like your room is coming together. Congrats on quitting smoking. Sorry you've had health issues and hope they resolve quickly for you.

tialys said...

Well done on giving up. I remember it being very difficult but it was definitely worth it in the end.

pennydog said...

Oh yeah good for you giving up smoking!!!