Wednesday 6 October 2010

hats, knickers and squares

I managed to sew up some more of my underwear hearts last night, and I remembered to take a photo of the backs:

The backs don't match the fronts as I'm using a load of 5" squares I bought which I just loved but didn't know what to do with and there is only one of each pattern in each colourway.

I also finished crocheting another granny square last night.  When I'd finished it and woven in the ends, I realised I'd missed a set of trebles on the very first corner.  I had to unpick the whole round, but then I thought I'd have a go at joining the squares to avoid having to join them later (especially as I have no idea how to join them later!!), so I redid the round and attached it to another one I'd made:
 And here's another one I made earlier!
I found the tutorial for attaching them together on Flickr via someone's blog and I can't remember who it was that pointed me in that direction.  If it was you, thanks!!

Speaking of thanks, 14 followers!  Where did you all come from?  I turned round and there you are...  If I haven't already, I'll be over to check out your blogs later on.

I've been beavering away on my Big Knit hats, and even made some pompoms.  I would have liked to have made more, but with the deadline approaching, I don't think I'll have time.  Here they all are:
I really enjoyed knitting these little fellas and have loads of wool oddments left, so I'm hoping they run the scheme again next year and that I find out sooner!

And finally this week, I've finished sorting out my threads!  I needed 3 boxes in the end.  As you can see, one of them has lots of space left.  It's a good job as I just bought a load of threads to complete the Cross Stitch design I've chosen for my Craft Book Challenge!!  Notice I never did anything with the little bits of floss that didn't match a skein, I just shoved them in one of the compartments!
Lots to get done this week, and I accidentally bought another 3 books to fill me with plans and inspiration.  My task list at the moment looks like this:
 - Cut out and sew patchwork pig from patchwork I made
 - Make cushion to go with stitched angel friends
 - Cut out material for a bag, then cross stitch for my challenge
 - Make a few birthday cards
 - Finish embroidering and sewing my hearts
 - Make the bag from Sew!
 - Get started on Christmas cards
 - Carry on with the alphabet chart I've all but abandonned
 - Practice my crochet, something other than granny squares!
 - Try out the new lace knitting patterns in the book I bought - get started on the squares for a blanket
 - Work on my weekly SAL embroidery
 - Make a list of Christmas presents needed!
 - Start working on Sharon B's TAST 2010, several months late, but very excited to join in.

That should keep me busy for a while!


3 comments:

Miri said...

Love the hearts! What an adorable Valentine's Day gift.

Threeundertwo said...

Those hearts are so cute! I wish I knew how to crochet together granny squares - if you find the link please post it.

Your floss is so pretty sorted into its boxes. It's like candy.

You've been so busy! Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Libby said...

Those hearts are so so sweet!! Great idea! Dang! Your floss looks so nice and tidy!! Mine is still a mess!