Monday 28 October 2013

bonnets

You may think that you've travelled back in time about a hundred years with this post!  Remember the baby-photographing friend?  I've been making more props for her.  She's a big fan of vintage, despite my misgivings on the subject, and so vintage it is. What could be more vintage than a bonnet?


I crocheted this one from this free pattern at Moose Mouse Creations.  I used Sirdar Snuggly Tiny Tots which has a lovely shimmer in it, but doesn't feel rough.  I threaded a wide pink satin ribbon through the holes at the front.


Poor Mr Hefalump was pressed into service to model it.  Doesn't he look cute?


It was so quick to crochet (an evening's tv-viewing time), so before I knew it, I found myself crocheting another, using this free pattern at Crochet Latte.  I was pretty sure the first one was far too small.  It was comforting that this one came out the exact same size.  Still, they might be too small.  It's kind of hard to imagine a newborn's head when you don't have one to hand...

Got to go, I feel another bonnet coming on!

10 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Definitely a new sideline in the offing!

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwww they're so sweet - perfect for a little girl ... or a Hefalump!

JoJo said...

Very cute! Great job too.

Anna said...

Lovely...
Have a great week ! Away from the storm...
Anna

Samantha said...

Awww those are so cute! Are you going to have a baby now to compare sizes?

Pam @Threading My Way said...

So, so cute and very vintage, Wendy. Hope you weren't affected by the severe storms!

Jane said...

Beautifully modeled!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Both of them are lovely! Your photographer friend will get lots of use out of them and the first hat you posted about. And the little ones she photographs in them will look absolutely adorable.

Anonymous said...

Soo pretty, I love seeing babies in bonnets - well the girls anyway (is that sexist - I hope not?)Well done x

Carrie P. said...

you sure have been crocheting a lot.