Following hot on the heels of my Art Deco wall hanging finish is yet another finish and one from my Finish Along list!
My 2014 FAL goal setting post is here.
I appliqued this cushion top back in April, you can see my original post here if you are so inclined. It's taken me 8 months to finally finish it into a cushion and it only took an hour or two to do.
I free-motion quilted swirly loops and little hanging hearts all over the top, avoiding the applique pieces. I also chose to leave the vase unquilting, though it doesn't make it pop out as the quilting is not very dense.
I used two co-ordinating greens for the back, no idea what they are, sorry, they're from my stash and I suspect they were from the Stash club I was in.
I sewed right sides together and turned out, creating the envelope back at the same time, as I couldn't face binding this. I really don't enjoy binding and I'm very rubbish at it.
I quilted in a light green thread, then struggled to get decent photos of it! I think you can make it out in this photo, very basic but not too bad.
It's nice to get this off the list and onto the chair in the living room. I'm now officially finished with cushions as we've ran out of room for them!