I finished the background on the right! When I'd done that I had to move the frame so here is a picture to prove that the right hand background is done:
I then finished the left hand background! Yay! Now I'm on to her dress, I managed a few stitches there too.
That's a pretty shocking photo but I did take it this morning, in the artificial light of the living room, sitting on a navy sofa. I'm hoping that the dress will go quite quickly, then I just have the ground underneath their feet to add.
The problem is, I got distracted from working on this. First by a baby blanket I decided to crochet, then by a quilt that needed the binding hand sewn on... let's hope I get back to it, I want to finish it this year.
I'm sewing along as part of a SAL, you can go and see what the other participants have been up to here: